Having a happy life is a choice. Sometimes we could define happiness on the things we received, on the success we fulfill and on the blessings we shared. How can we say we had a happy and rewarding life? When we were happy for the goodness we received; or by doing something that haven’t yet done before? There is a book talks about life, an instructions guide to have a happy life. It consist 511 suggestions, observations, and reminders. After I read this certain book, it changed my life for so well. It helps me a lot, especially on my daily lifestyle. I wrote this blog post to let other people know that there is a guide or instructions on how to live a happy and rewarding life. I don’t know if this book was still available in book stores. If that so, I will recommend you to buy one because it will changed your whole life.
This Life’s Little Instruction Guide will give you suggestions, observations, and reminders on how to live a happy and rewarding life. Life’s Little Instruction Book is written by H. Jackson Brown Jr. The purposed why he wrote this book was not to pave the road for their children, but to provide a road map.
“This book began as a gift to my son, Adam. As he packed his stereo, typewriter, blue blazer, and other necessities for his new life as a college freshman, I retreated to the family room to jot down a few observations and words of counsel I thought he might find useful. I read years ago that it was not the responsibility of parents to pave the road for their children, but to provide a road map. That’s how I hoped he would use these mind and heart reflections.” – Introduction from the book Life’s Little Instruction Book.
I want to share some of the great lines stated from the Life’s Little Instruction Book. I can’t give you the whole details from 1 to 511 because I’m not the owner of the book. So here it is: The best of 20.
43. Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen every day.
68. Be brave. Even if you’re not, pretend to be. No one can tell the difference.
99. Think big thoughts, but relish small pleasures.
123. Learn to listen. Opportunity sometimes knocks very softly.
139. Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all they have.
173. Be kinder than necessary.
188. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
210. Commit yourself to constant self-improvement.
221. Don’t major in minor things.
245. Never cut what can be untied.
274. Leave everything a little better than you found it.
304. Judge your success by the degree that you’re enjoying peace, health, and love.
332. Live your life as an exclamation, not an explanation.
347. Never waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them.
375. Take charge of your attitude. Don’t let someone else choose it for you.
399. Focus on making things better, not bigger.
421. Take care of your reputation. It’s your most valuable asset.
444. Never underestimate the power of a kind word or deed.
459. Don’t use time or words carelessly. Neither can be retrieved.
481. Watch for big problems. They disguise big opportunities.
These 20 most influential lines have a big impact for me. Positivity towards life is much more important. Some lines encouraging me to pursue something. The fact that there is something bigger opportunities are in there. As you know who you are there is nothing wrong know yourself more, explore as you travel the world.
If you have questions regarding this blog post don’t hesitate to comment or criticize. Remember the freedom of speech 🙂 AJA!